Over the summer of 2001, I spent more time on my barns than I did on the airplane! The back barn in this photo is the area that I use as the work shop for building the plane. As you can see from the roof line there are problems with the design.  I spent the summer tearing down the connector section between the barns and putting on a new roof.  The old one was badly rotted and leaking in many places. 

After the center section was torn out, a concrete slab that ran between the barns had to be broken up and moved.  The slab also led to the serious rotting of the sill plate which had to be replaced by an outside contractor along with some of the siding on the barn which was coming off in many places.  Now my work shop is good and weather tight, I can concentrate on my airplane project once more!

Index                                       Back                                                   Next